Sunday 24 March 2013

Halfold Boudewyn role in world war 2


"I knew that I could be killed. But I tried not to think about what could happen and just concentrated on what I was doing.
"My job was to smuggle these documents out of the camp and keep them safely until after the war when they were to be used for subsequent war trials."
Although he kept the documents, their vital information were believed to have been sent to the Pacific Allied command through a separate spy channel.
The Imphal campaign was critical to the Japanese who wanted to extend their power westward beyond the Burmese border to India - the jewel in the crown of the British empire.http://ourstory.asia1.com.sg/war/headline/spy.html

1 comment:

  1. Wow what a spy halfold boudewyn was ; he kept documents and and also sent information through a seperate spy channel.

    ReplyDelete